Eight Years Ago

Whiskas Cat Food Commercial
Eight years ago, when I was grieving the loss of my mother, I found it necessary to get help.

That help came in the form of antidepressants and a lovely therapist by the name of Jody.  She was a very sweet lady and I liked her immediately.  Her office was close and she had late office hours so I could visit her on my way home from work.

During one of those visits, the topic of coping mechanisms came up.  It will come to no surprise to anyone that knows me that I cope with just about everything - from happiness to depression – with food.  It’s something that I will one day beat.  Jody wanted me to come up with a few things that I could do to cope that did not include “Go to Japanese restaurant. Order shrimp teriyaki and California Rolls.  REPEAT.” 

The video on this page is one of the things I came up with.  This video will make me smile no matter what.  The night that I spent in the emergency room, wondering if I was going to lose Griffin when I was 17 weeks pregnant, I watched this video on my phone.  The night that I took Phoebe to the emergency room with a broken collar bone, I watched this video with her and she loved it.  Basically, this video has the power to make me happy.

I hope you enjoy it too.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. Because of the SPAM, I moderate messages. If you need to enlarge any portion of your anatomy or sell electronics or want to tell me where I can score some cheap prescriptions, please move along. Otherwise, your message will be approved ASAP!!