Crock Pot Cranberry Chicken

This is an awesome dish!! The flavor is delicious and it is SO easy.







Ingredients
  • 2 cups bbq sauce (I used honey bbq sauce - whatever is on sale is fine)
  • 1 10oz can of cranberry sauce
  • Chicken breasts (3-4 fits perfectly in my crock pot)

I also added 4 Sweet Potatoes - more about them in the notes below.

  1. Spray your slow cooker with non-stick spray
  2. Mix the bbq sauce and the cranberry sauce in the slow cooker
  3. Moo has a tendency to gag with chicken so I tenderize it by putting the pieces in zip top bags, sealing them and BEATING THE FIRE out of them with a mallet. I get a lot of frustration out like this.
  4. After tenderizing, put the chicken (take it out of the zip lock bags) in the sauce. Use tongs or a spoon to make sure the chicken is covered in the sauce.
  5. Cook on low 8-9 hours or high 4-5 hours

I also added sweet potatoes to this meal. Poke the sweet potatoes with a knife or fork, wrap in aluminum foil and just place on top of the chicken.

The verdict: Moo and I REALLY like this meal. This is the first time I added the sweet potatoes and they WERE AWESOME!!! The potatoes came out tender but not overcooked.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. Because of the SPAM, I moderate messages. If you need to enlarge any portion of your anatomy or sell electronics or want to tell me where I can score some cheap prescriptions, please move along. Otherwise, your message will be approved ASAP!!