Memorial Day Weekend

So it was the weekend that was .. well.. strange.

First, I had to go to my GD (gestational diabetes) class. Grrr.... it was mostly what I expected. Stay away from breads, pasta, candy and colas. Stick your finger 4 times a day and keep a log. Basically Moo's class when he was diagnosed with type 2.

Then, I got my hair colored on Saturday. I couldn't decide between coloring and highlighting. I only knew that something had to happen because my grey was PROMINENT! The beautician and I decided to split the difference and do both, so now I have a beautiful caramel color on my hair with highlights. Very cute.

Saturday afternoon was strange. I got home from getting my hair done and Moo and I decided to get some lunch and then head over to BabiesRUs to pick up the crib and changing table that we've chosen. Once we got to BRU, we both started feeling bad. I was really sluggish and hot. Moo was kinda nauseous. Since we knew that once we had the crib and table that I'd want to drag them into the house, we decided to go home, take a break and try again later.

Here's where it gets even stranger. First of all, I find out on the Baby Bargains Book blog that all cribs by Jardine Enterprises have been recalled by the manufacturer. Secondly, our air conditioning went out. I am not functioning well right now without air conditioning so this necessitated an emergency call to the air conditioner guys and a $300 service call Sunday morning.

So we didn't get the crib - in fact, couldn't have gotten our crib - but we had the funds available to get our air conditioner fixed. Strange how things work out, isn't it?

7 comments:

  1. Wow! Glad that you got that Baby Bargains book! That's pretty freaky!

    I'm here from NaComLeavMo, and I'm digging you. Sorry about the GD, that's got to be no fun at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caramel coloured hair sounds great! I am only 33 but am beginning to get grey hair just above my ears! Fortunately my hair is long enough that it doesn't really show, and I still don't quite know if I want to stay natural (eventually) or start colouring my hair - which sounds like too much of a faff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lived by this baby bargains book and website. I jut returned my jardne crib to bru actually. Good luck with finding one.

    Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving support!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and -0 I am totally jealous about your hair appointment - I wanted highlights/color but could never seem to find time and now I'm just "over it"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad checking the Baby Bargains blog before buying worked out so well for you -- we probably should have done that rather than just relying on the book.... Good luck finding something else you like!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad that you and Moo made a good decision for you guys to leave the store when you knew you couldn't take it anymore. Also glad that the AC is fixed -- that's critical for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Air conditioning? What's that? When it gets hot here I just go to the mall... it's usually only unbearable for about a week.

    I'm glad you got yours fixed though. There is nothing worse than not being able to remove any more clothing and still being hot.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. Because of the SPAM, I moderate messages. If you need to enlarge any portion of your anatomy or sell electronics or want to tell me where I can score some cheap prescriptions, please move along. Otherwise, your message will be approved ASAP!!