The Sea Monkey is REAL!



So Moo and I went today to see the folks at Maternal Fetal Medicine of Atlanta and my OB/GYN's office today.

It's still too early for the nuchal translucency test. They tried to get a good pic of the little monster's neck, but the baby is just too little. So I'll go back in two weeks for another try.

Moo and I can just make out the head and an arm. For those of you interested in this kind of thing: the placenta is up above and the yolk sac is over to the right.

The docs could make out both arms and legs and said they could see a profile with a little nose.

They confirmed our due date. Based on different measurements, we're either 11 weeks 0 days, 11 weeks 1 day, 11 weeks 2 days, or 11 weeks 3 days. Because it's so close they'll stick the with original due date of July 27, 2008.

I really liked the doctor at Maternal Fetal Medicine. He's kind of an old cooter, but he was joking around with us. First thing he said was "You're kind of an old broad aren't you?" I laughed and told him I was!


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that's irritating, it was trying to put part of my password in my post. Hence the reason I deleted it.


    Anyway

    Hi there Amanda

    Found your blog via "alittlepregnant". Hope I can say a few things without coming across as pretentious or know-it-all. Neither of which I am. But being in your shoes about a year and a half ago, I wanted to use some choice words for people who had 'advice' for me then.

    First, I also tapered off an SSRI when I first got pregnant. Emotionally I was as normal as I'd ever been. Strange to say, because I was as hormonal as the next PG woman, but I was able to go the length of my pregnancy without any head-meds. I did start Zoloft the day I delivered, though.

    Second, natural child birth isn't that bad. :D I do find it odd (but surprisingly forward thinking) that your OB suggested it!

    Third, I really genuinely hope the next 29-ish weeks go as happy and healthy as possible!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. Because of the SPAM, I moderate messages. If you need to enlarge any portion of your anatomy or sell electronics or want to tell me where I can score some cheap prescriptions, please move along. Otherwise, your message will be approved ASAP!!