How I organize a year's worth of homeschool lesson plans

I wanted to show you how we are planning our next homeschool year.

This is my homeschool file cabinet showing you folders labeled 1-180, folders for each of the months (placed roughly where I think they'll hit) and a few resource folders at the back.

We have co-op days, Girl Scout days, and other appointments and interruptions.  This way, even if we have to skip a day, we just grab the next folder which contains all the instructions and worksheets for the day and keep on going.

We can get some school work done on days with interruptions but anything that we can't get to goes into the catch up day folder and I'll see if we really need to do the work. Every TEN school days, I have a catch up day. I schedule art for catch up day too and we'll work on a project from Home Art Studio or something else.


I totally stole part of this idea from the blog Meet Penny.  The catch up day was my own invention.

I had a couple of illnesses this past year that totally wrecked my schedule and I got tired of erasing and rewriting my planner so I decided this year to schedule the physical stuff and use my planner for what we actually accomplished each day.  I keep a separate box for books and I still have to put holds on books at the library.  I also need to gather materials together for art and science (although I'm thinking of bagging some of that stuff up to and putting it in the folders) each week, but I'm not digging through workbooks and printing stuff last minute.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. Because of the SPAM, I moderate messages. If you need to enlarge any portion of your anatomy or sell electronics or want to tell me where I can score some cheap prescriptions, please move along. Otherwise, your message will be approved ASAP!!