How to Study Your Bible

I have read dozens of books about how to best study the Bible. I've asked pastors.  I've watched countless YouTube videos. What I have found that really works for me is SOAP.
SOAP is an acronym that stands for SCRIPTURE, OBSERVATION, APPLICATION, and PRAYER.
Scripture refers to reading the verse as it is.
Observation refers what your thoughts and feelings are about the verse.
Application is how you can use this information in your everyday life or in a situation.
Prayer is actually writing out a prayer that uses this information.  Many of my prayers are simply "Thank you Lord for showing me this verse"
What methods do you use to study the Bible?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. Because of the SPAM, I moderate messages. If you need to enlarge any portion of your anatomy or sell electronics or want to tell me where I can score some cheap prescriptions, please move along. Otherwise, your message will be approved ASAP!!