Time4Learning: My Review

A few weeks ago, I was asked to review Time4Learning, an online education curriculum for preschool through 8th grade.

I was curious about it.  We have used another online learning site and really liked it but it is definitely for the preschool and kindergarten crowd.  I was interested in this because my kids could stick with it for a while.

I thought that the lessons were good.  However, there wasn’t a big “START WITH THIS THING RIGHT HERE!” so I had to decide where to start.  I thought that the concepts were excellent and in line with what we’re doing with our curriculum.  However, I felt that the graphics were really ugly, especially in comparison with it’s competitors.  Maybe they appeal to children more than adults but still…

Here’s the thing: Phoebe hated it and, after playing with it a couple of times, absolutely refused to do it.  She told me that she wanted her other computer game (the other online site) and she didn’t want to play this one anymore.

Had I had more time with the product, I might have been able to get her around to it eventually and I may try it again in a few months.  I thought overall, it had good material even if I thought it was ugly.

Disclosure: I received a full month of access to this product in exchange for my review. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. Because of the SPAM, I moderate messages. If you need to enlarge any portion of your anatomy or sell electronics or want to tell me where I can score some cheap prescriptions, please move along. Otherwise, your message will be approved ASAP!!