Thankful, so thankful

 

Day 5 of YES

From the book:

I Declare I am grateful for who God is in my life and for what He's done. I will not take for granted the people, the opportunities, and the favor He has blessed me with. I will look at what is right and not what is wrong. I will thank Him for what I have and not complain about what I don't have. I will see each day as a gift from God. My heart will overflow with praise and gratitude for all of His goodness. This is my declaration.

I like to think that I’m a pretty positive person.  I’m more of an optimist than a pessimist. But I’m not happy right now and I’m just a leetle depressed.  Christmas is rough on me.  I miss my parents so much at this time of year.  So many of the traditional activities of the season are things that I shared with them.

And it all just stirs up feelings and thoughts and memories – some of which I love and some of which I wish I’d forget.  All the things said, all the things left unsaid.  All the things that need to be forgiven.

But after last week’s tragedy and other events from last week, I definitely look at today with eyes of gratitude.  My babies are safe.  My husband is safe.  We are all ok.  We have a roof over our head, gas in the car, and food for our bellies.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. Because of the SPAM, I moderate messages. If you need to enlarge any portion of your anatomy or sell electronics or want to tell me where I can score some cheap prescriptions, please move along. Otherwise, your message will be approved ASAP!!