Thankful for my healing

A few months ago, I couldn't text, open bottles, or even reach the back of my head with a brush without a struggle. I was having a good day if the pain level was under 7. I was diagnosed with a bulging C5 - basically, I have a pain in the neck!

Through my doctors, physical therapy, the healing neck massages from my husband, and the grace of God, I now rarely have pain over a 5. I can do most of the things I did just 6 months ago.

And I am so thankful. Even on a day like today when I'm struggling with something that I used to be able to do effortlessly, I still have trouble with reaching over my head to get things off shelves. I can't fully trust the strength in that arm for that. And I have trouble with things that require super fine dexterity like pinning my hair up, making jewelry, or even inserting a tampon (TMI sorry).

I am still thankful for my healing.  I'm hopeful that one day the rest of the feeling and strength will return to my hand. I will try to stay in a mood of hope and gratitude rather than mourning what I've lost.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. Because of the SPAM, I moderate messages. If you need to enlarge any portion of your anatomy or sell electronics or want to tell me where I can score some cheap prescriptions, please move along. Otherwise, your message will be approved ASAP!!