My Summer Plans



I'm busier than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest.

I figured out last night that I am working on about a dozen different project right now.  Some are short term and will be over soon.  Others are ongoing projects and will be going on for YEARS (I'm looking at you children who want to learn to read and write and do math and be ed-u-ma-cated...). 

One thing I'm gearing up for is Camp Nanowrimo.  In case you don't know, NANAWRIMO stands for National Novel Writing Month and traditionally takes place during November.  Basically you commit to writing a 50,000 word novel in those 30 days.  My darling hubby was a NANOWRIMO winner a couple of years ago - meaning he completed his novel.  They also nost two smaller events in June and August called CAMP NANOWRIMO for people who basically can't wait for November.

Now, I've decided that the ideas in my head will not calm themselves down and must be written out in novel form.  This is part of the moving towards more writing in my pursuit of employment where I don't have to actually deal with people.... I'll have to talk about that more in another post.

So I have 3 story ideas.  I am working on writing out a synopsis for all of them but I think I know which one I will be writing during the contest.

Have you ever done anything like this?  I'd be interested in hearing how it went in the comments...

2 comments:

  1. Haven't quite gotten a novel finished yet, so I can't really help (you should have known you weren't going to get anything useful out of me). I have approximately 7 that I am actively writing on though. Is it possible to be ADD only when it pertains to writing works of fiction? I blame it on those pesky kids of mine....always needing to be fed, watered, bathed, cuddled....I can't get anything done! ;) Anyway, keep up the good work and if you find out some good info, for the love of God, please share!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just trying to figure out where I'm going to find the time to do this!! But I think that I need to MAKE the time even if it means staying up every night to get it done. Yes, I do think it's possible to be ADD when it comes to things like this. I've been working on these three ideas for a while now; the story I think I'm going to write during CAMP NANOWRIMO has actually been in my head since 2002 and I've fiddled with it here and there. The characters are getting restless though and want to speak if that means anything to you... or it could mean that I've lost my mind. If I were a betting person, I'd bed on the latter.

      Delete

Thanks for your comment. Because of the SPAM, I moderate messages. If you need to enlarge any portion of your anatomy or sell electronics or want to tell me where I can score some cheap prescriptions, please move along. Otherwise, your message will be approved ASAP!!