37 Weeks

So here we are.  Less than two weeks before my scheduled C-section.

YES!  LESS THAN TWO WEEKS!!

I’m pooping my pants.  Hang on while I change them.

Ok.. that’s better.

So Tuesday morning, I wake up and my left wrist is killing me.  I mean really really hurting.  When I was pregnant with Phoebe, I had the same thing for the last month or so before she was born, except it was the right wrist.

My hands and feet have been swelling a good bit and like a lot of preggos, the swelling is affecting the carpal tunnel in my left wrist.

So I wrapped it up and went on with my business.  The wrap reminded me to take it easy with that wrist and I did pretty well.

Well, Wednesday night/Thursday morning, I had a really bad night.  BOTH wrists hurt all night.  My fingers were swollen and hurting.  I even took off my wedding band because my hands were so swollen. 

By the time it was time to get up Thursday morning, I was in tears because I couldn’t figure out how to get dressed, much less drive myself to the doctor.

Moo was really concerned about me because I don’t usually do that.  I’m one of those stoic types when it comes to pain.  I will lie and say that I’m ok and just stay quiet while I’m in pain.  When I finally start talking about the pain, I’m generally beyond that.  If I start crying, well, then, I’m in a LOT of pain.

He was so concerned that he took me to my doctor’s appointment just to be certain that they weren’t going to keep me.  He also put the suitcase in the car – yeah, he was THAT concerned.

So blood pressure was good. I gained another two pounds.  Baby looked good.  And the swelling?  Well that’s just part of being 9 months pregnant.  Once I knew I was ok and the baby was ok, I calmed down and I could better deal with the pain in my wrists, which in turn, made Moo feel better about me.

I am pretty much an emotional mess right now.  I’m crying during commercials again which is pretty irritating. 

Also: effin’ Braxton Hicks contractions.  Anyone who calls them painless can kiss my ass.  They are highly uncomfortable and, of course, are annoying because if you stop doing the thing that is bringing them on, say, sitting in your favorite chair playing a computer game, then the bastards stop. 

Nugget’s room is 95% complete.  We still need to move some furniture around and we plan to do that sometime this weekend.  I have laundered all the gender neutral stuff I had for Phoebe and the stuff I got at a yard sale but still need to launder the new clothes I bought last weekend to fill in the gaps.

So all you mamas out there.. what irritated you the most in the last trimester?


1 comment:

Thanks for your comment. Because of the SPAM, I moderate messages. If you need to enlarge any portion of your anatomy or sell electronics or want to tell me where I can score some cheap prescriptions, please move along. Otherwise, your message will be approved ASAP!!