The most delicious thing you’re going to read all day

100_0232 Seriously.

Moo would eat this recipe EVERY SINGLE DAY if I would cook this… and the thing is, this recipe is ridiculously easy AND very economical if you buy chicken when it’s on sale.

I originally got this recipe from Once a Month Mom but I’ve altered it slightly. You can try my version or go with hers… mine is UNBELIEVABLY delicious and for those of us watching our carbs, it’s pretty healthy.

Chicken Tacos in a Bag100_0223

  • 1-1/2 pounds of chicken breast – diced, sliced like fajita strips or just cut into bite size pieces.
  • Package of taco seasoning – this is on sale at my Kroger almost all the time 10 for $10… your mileage may vary
  • 3 tablespoons of Lime Juice
  • 2 Tablespoons vegetable or olive oil
  • Tortillas
  • Taco toppings of your choice like tomatoes, sauce, salsa, cheese, rice, etc.
  • Zip top bag

Procedure

  1. Cut up the chicken and put into bag
  2. Pour lime juice and taco seasoning into bag and mush around to coat chicken
  3. Now you can either let this marinate for at least two hours (overnight is better) before cooking or you can freeze it. If you freeze it, thaw it out before the next step.
  4. Warm a large skillet with 100_0228the oil and sauté the chicken. Cook about 15 minutes or until cooked thoroughly. I cook it until it is almost dry and actually starts charring a little bit. Those little burnt bits add a lot of flavor!
  5. Serve hot with your taco toppings. This is also delicious in a taco salad.

Seriously. That’s it. You’ll thank me when you eat this. And we almost NEVER have leftovers of this because it is THAT good.

I buy chicken cheap and package up 4-6 of these things at a time and freeze them. Since I also freeze tortillas and cheese, I pretty much always have everything I need for a quick and easy and DELICIOUS meal.

100_0226 To maximize your freezing space, mush the chicken and marinade down into the bottom of the bag and roll the bag up. Then use tape or a label to keep the chicken rolled. It saves a ton of space in your 100_0227 freezer and you have all these delightful little rolls of chickeny goodness in your freezer.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. Because of the SPAM, I moderate messages. If you need to enlarge any portion of your anatomy or sell electronics or want to tell me where I can score some cheap prescriptions, please move along. Otherwise, your message will be approved ASAP!!